~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

FlipFlops Beach Carnival

An incredible and exciting beach carnival going to happen this April, which I had been told month ago, and it started on friday, 15/4-17/4, 2011.


Yesterday, my friends and I woke up 5am in the morning to prepare ourselves for the carnival, it is an hour trip from our campus to the beach, Damai Puri, and of course, RM 15 for the entrance fee.


The reason of getting there so early in the morning was actually some of us eagered to try out the hot-air-balloon riding. Well, it's not a very common event, though Ipoh, KL both organized such event before, I wasnt able to attend that time. Basically, during my secondary school period, the only routh that I used to travel was HOME->School->HOME->Tuition->HOME. Boring life, ya, but you will get used with it, especially when you spent five years doing the same thing. And, my result never wow-ing!!! How pathetic! Ops, out of topic, again, haha, anyway, my point is, since I never been so close to get a ride with the hot-air-ballon, I was desparate to try once, no matter how much it costs (RM30 was a bit expensive for a small ride). There are quite a few activities, such as mini concert, which able to recruit Taiwan singer Della Ding (叮当), Lee Ya from Indo, some world wide top DJs (US, Aust, Indo), beach activities such as pocket bike,  jet-ski, banana boat ride, kite flying, eating competitions and many more.

very cool bikes huh...
With all the expectations, I thought we might have some fun over there, though WaiYee asked me what to do for the entire morning, or maybe even the afternoon on the beach, and I was unable to answer her. But I still believe we could get ourselves a good time, because like Elise said, it  had been a while since our last gathering, why dont just make use of this opportunity, get ourselves a little warm gathering, and relax. In fact, it was too warm for the morning, I hardly felt the wind even I was standing just in front of the sea, and it actually rained before we reached the beach.

I was hoping to see a colorful hot-air-ballon, you know, the one that we used to see on the TV shows, like what shown in the picture above, a rainbow hot-air-ballon, and can give us a ride, maybe about 6-7 storey talls. Yet, I was dumb when my eyes came across with the hot-air-ballon provided! Oh god, I just cant believe it, and immediately I decided to save RM30 from my pocket because I was so sure about myself that I wasnt going to take the ride. Why? Look at the picture below, I just cant believe they actually provided such a lousy hot-air-ballon, which looked like been keeping in the store for ages, the color, I dont even know if I could call it as grey, and the most ridiculous thing was, you can see the holes!!!Take note, holes, but not hole! 3 holes!!! And not to mention about the rising distance, maybe 2-3 storey talls, but nope, I told my friends I was not going to pay for that ride, better save it up for other purpose.



I actually expected more people, but yesterday also a big day for Sarawak, an election day, so I guess it wasnt a good day for having such a big carnival, but election date was always unpredictable, and it could be decided just within two weeks.




Some of our friends, got themselves very very wet, haha, but half of us remained dry for the entire morning, and afternoon, so what did we do leh? We played cards!!! UNO card and poker card, ya, I spent my day on playing cards... RM15 for the entrance fee, such a waste...

At Permai...trespass, haha
Poker Cards from Taiwan, belong to Waiyee
I thought I was well protected from sun burnt, because I did try to cover every inch of my body with sun block, yet, I failed, what a shame. I forget my back!!! Isk...
Only happened to my back!!!
Oh ya, checks on the picture below, a warning board, some of the warnings I found amused, haha.


After all, some of us did feel so disapointed with the carnival, because we were bored, just imagine yourself spending the day with the cards. However, I believed some of us did really enjoy themselves, like I mentioned earlier, they got themselves very wet, and I dont know what time they stayed until as 10 people included me left around 4pm.

Now then I realized, we did not take a group picture!!!
 




2 comments:

Catherine said...

hahaha...however, you still have a good time with them...ur last second photo is more funny one...XD..shld find someone to help u to put d sunblock at the back

维整 said...

hahaha...i tot i already covered that...but still missed out...isk!!!
feel a bit bit pain stil...=.=

why u didnt join us leh...haha...