~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Monday, February 20, 2012

Department Dinner

I planned to go back home during the last weekend, but our company CTO had invited our IT department colleagues to go over his house to have a dinner. It is a yearly event, our CTO will invite all from the IT department to his house, having a dinner once a year, something like the team building event. Well, should i say lucky me because i joined the company only for 10 days, then i joined the first team event? Haha.

At first i was reluctant to join, because i am still a very new man in the department, not really get to know my colleagues every well just yet. However, things turned out to be quite fun, i had my time. Though i might be the joke of the day, sweat.

Working as a developer always a stressful job, especially when you faced some stubborn bugs which just dont want to go away from you. I used to call my friends name and talked to them whenever i felt tired solving the bugs, and i was facing the same situation last friday, but i had no one to talk to, because everyone seem so serious about their jobs. So during the dinner, i aske them if they get frustrated when they solving bugs, because i was scared to be the only weirdo, because i normally point my fingers on the monitor, and mumbling about why, why, why. My assistant manager thought i bang my head to the monitor whenever i feel stressful, when she heard about the monitor but without letting my colleague finishing up the whole sentence. Hence the joke seed planted into someone's heart.

Then after dinner, our manager suggested to have a simple game, every one taking a piece of paper, then wrote down the person and the question that you would like to ask among us that night. And one more encourage statement for anyone in the room as well. It was a simple game, but torturing us a lot, because we dont know what to ask, or who to ask. And i was the last person submitted the paper, sweat again.

Well, guess what, i was one of the popular person being asked, three times, and two statements to me. Here are the questions.

1. What is your favorite food?
2. How many girlfriends do you think you would have until you get marry?
3. What do feel like working in this company?

The first and third questions were pretty normal, but the second question, bloody hell, i last my tongue for few seconds before answering that. As my answer, hehe, sure 1 lah, hahaha.

Then the statements. Both statements mentioned about the bugs solving things, that i can talk to them if i feel like, and dont bang my head on the monitor!!! Gosh, how embarrassing, yet a lot of fun.

We celebrated one of our colleague birthday as well, and she definitely showed us a very good way in cutting cake, bizarre though, haha. Show you guys if you guys buy me a cake lah, hahahaha.

Conclusion, it was a very nice dinner, and i finally got to meet my boss, the CEO of the company, and he is able to remember all of his stuff's names, that's impressive, mine was the exception though, haha.

     


No comments: