~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Junk - Waiyee Birthday!!!

We went to The Junk, Kuching on Thursday night, celebrating Waiyee birthday, according to her, that was her '21st' birthday, kononnya~~ hahaha...

The Junk is a western food restaurant, located at Kuching town, in a shop that you could easily pass by without noticing it. Why's that? It is because The Junk unlike any other western food restaurants, it actually pretty dark inside, only one small spotlight on the top of each table, perhaps they are trying to establish the romantic feeling. Well, they succeed. The overall decorations of the restaurant, like my friend said in her blog, old fashioned!!! haha. You can see lot of oil lamps hanging on the top of the staircases, that reminded me of my childhood. Well, not to say my family was using oil lamps when I was kid, I am not that old yet, haha. It just that I used to see these oil lamps in my house, I believed they were used when my dad was a kid!!


The Junk is also well known for the price of the food served. That's why after almost 5 years staying in Kuching, I never been there before, first, I am not a fan of western food, second, it is too expensive, haha. However, sometimes, we just have to try it, and seriously, we were all well satisfied.Before they served the food and the drinks, they actually serve every table with a bottle of cold water.

Enough for 5 person, I felt like the shape of the bottl, quite weird....(=.=)''


Fish and Chip

Seafood Risotto

Prawn Garlic Angel Hair

Salmon Steak

Lemonglass Chicken

Fruit Crush
 
You can see from the pictures, the food are actually very well prepared, and just by the look of the food, bet you might want to give it a try already, and not to mention, it actually tasted a lot better than other western food restaurants that I had been before. I only been to err, four western food restaurants before, though, haha.

For those who concern about the portion, people like me, who used to eat lot, you shouldn't be worry about that. As you can see from the pictures, the portion of the food quite big actually, but the plates, are actually even bigger, haha. But dont worry, you will feed well, trust me!

See, how big is the PLATE??!!

A picture that edited by the Birthday Girl, shouldn't be hard to guess who's she!!!

2 comments:

kc said...

u 5year, me 23year in kch bt havent being in yet, i hear it price is the highest in western cafe in kch (nt rate wit hotel), hw the price? is tat saying true? ahhaha, cos i hear oly,dint chk...

higher than planet armor bo? planet armor 1 drink rm12, steak n chop bout 28.

维整 said...

haha, almost the same price with plant armor, the cheapest dish is fish and chip, rm20 lo...then the rest, ranging from 28-40 lo...

the drinks, we still manage to get rm 6, fruit crush lo..haha..