~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas + Weirdly Surprise

Yeah, it's Christmas time again, Merry Christmas everyone.

My Christmas always the same when i was at home, joined the church carolers two nights ago, then attended the church Christmas service this morning, and enjoyed the performances from the bro and sis. I was used to play a role before i went for my study, but now, i am one of the audiences, time flies dont you guy think?

It should be an ordinary Christmas week for me, but yet, yesterday, the Christmas eve, i received a call, and it broke my ordinary Christmas mood, well, i wasnt saying it was bad, it was definitely something different. Why was it so different? Because, i was being fooled by a jackass!!! I am not trying to say i am so smart that i can spot the lies immediately when i heard one of them, but at least, i thought i was aware enough to be suspicious when i heard one of them. Ironically, i overrated myself.

When i picked up the phone, he asked me, where was i, and i told him that i was at home now, and he told me that he was at Kuching now, thought of asking me out, wanna buy me a buffet lunch\dinner. I was stunned for a few seconds, then my memory started to flash back to the last time we had lunch together, oh ya, i did ask him to buy me a buffet lunch at Four Points hotel, and i wasnt expect he would keep that in mind, because clearly i wasnt being serious as i dont remember that! Got to admit that, i felt warm and touch when he said that, because he remembered what i said before, and he keeps that in his mind. Guess that's the reason i chose to trust him immediately when he said he was at Kuching, even though i know that his friend's wedding dinner is on tonight, the Christmas night. I asked him though, why wasnt he being invited to the dinner? He told me that he didnt know the groom much, just another see-and-nod kind of friend, i felt weird but i chose to ignore my instinct. Then he started all the bullshits, said i should have told him earlier that i am at Sitiawan now, then he will come to Sitiawan and Ipoh, try the local cuisines. Then he started bringing out his intention, saying if i was at Kuching now, he will sure buy me a buffet, and asking if i would do the same if he comes to Ipoh one day. Well, from my place to Ipoh, it needs 2 hours driving, and i dont know Ipoh at all, but since he already brought that out so clearly, i have to say yes right? Thought of i would still have times to prepare because he wont come any day sooner right? But hell no, i should have say no, thousand of NO!!! 

When i thought i was talking to him across the sea, he was actually in a car, heading to Cameron Highland! I should have notice all the weird background sounds came across through the line. It was very noisy, some people were talking. And the line isnt so stable, it had been on and off for so many times when we talked through the phone. We were barely hearing from each other, it shouldnt be like that if he was at Kuching! I should have aware of this!! But yet, because of the stupid emotion, it blinded me! When he told me that he was at Perak, heading to Cameron Highland, i lost my sound for few seconds. Then realized all the things he said early was just try to lead me, step by step, stepping into his trap! CRAP! Well, i wasnt angry with all the lies, i felt like, crap, what did i just agree on?! I said if he comes at Ipoh, then i will buy him all the local cuisines! And clearly, he is invited to his friend's wedding dinner, and he will be at Ipoh from 25th to 26th. Crap, crap, crap!!! But lucky me, the line was so unstable, therefore we ended the conversation, i told him i will call him the next day after he got back from Cameron Highland. That gave me some times to think about it.

I thought of asking him to come to Sitiawan, though i told him that Sitiawan does not have much special local cuisines, but at least, it is where i grown up. I can still show him some places here, but Ipoh, it is just another new place to me.

Today, i called him, and we had a little talk. I asked him to come to Sitiawan, but he is with a bunch of his friends, all are invited to the wedding dinner, and he supposes to stay with his friends since most of them they havent meet after the graduation. And i would feel uncomfortable with his friends because i barely know them. Therefore, we just called it off, oh yeah! Since he already called Waiyee, and Waiyee will be their hostess. He doesnt need me lah, haha.

Then we talked about some other craps, like he said that i must invite him to my wedding, but he said then again, even if i invite him, he might not coming because, the friendship of ours, isnt enough to the stage, because i never helped on his homework, never helped him cheating during the exam, and bla bla bla. Jit jit jit, is this something that you would say to your friends? If you asked me if i felt angry or upset when i heard he said that? Hell no, i felt funny, i wonder what's his friends reaction when they heard he said that in the car!!! Then i said if he wanna invites me to his wedding, he better prepares the flight tickets, and he said sure, because our friendship different from the others, sure buy you tickets. I just couldnt stop myself rolling my eyes, but one lesson learnt, never take serious with what he says, ever again. He defended himself, saying that 99% of what he had said were true, hell i said, 99% of what he said were lies! The line was bad, after the line broken, we stopped calling as well, because we had came to a sense already, i am not going to find him, and he is not expecting me, and the less, were just talking, like he said, 鳥話!

Though i was fooled by him, but i appreciate for his call, at least he brought something new to my Christmas. 
Kind of different experience after all!



  






2 comments:

yan said...

who is that? i know him? hahahaha

维整 said...

haha, i not sure if u know him or not eh, and i also dono if u know me that i actually know him, hahahaha....

keep the answer off the table, hehe...though some might already knew who is he...hahaha...