~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Monday, December 5, 2011

Buddy's Wedding

The very first big event of my Dec was attending to Tommy's wedding. Tommy and I, we were met on 2nd July 2006. I remember the date so clearly because he was my housemate back then in the days when we were in our university, Unimas. He and I were more than just normal housemates, we were both also students of Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, different major though. And one year later, I became Tommy's roommate, and also coursemate because I changed my major to his major! Not to forget to mention that back in the days, only 4 chinese students in our apartment, and the college management actually arrange the students into the rooms according to the birth order. And guess what, Tommy was born in 30/12/1986, and his roommate, Waihor, one day later, 31/12/1986, and I, another a day later than Waihor's, 1/1/1987, my roommate, born in April 2006, that was a bit like the outlier, because he passed the test and skipped his standard 4. Because of the sequence, Tommy was our big bro (da ge), Waihor, the second bro (er ge), me, the third bro (san ge), and Lingxuan, our little bro (xiao di). My name was kinda hard for Tommy to remember i think, he received English education since he was small, so he used to call me san ge. There was quite a while, i was well known as san ge in our faculty. Even today, Tommy's wife also calls me san ge, haha,  what a big honor!

When Tommy asked if can i be one of his brothers, the soldiers to fetch his wife in the bride fetching session, i was so neglected, and i made sure some of my friends agreed to become the brothers, then only i let Tommy knew my answer, haha. But things happened, Yew wasnt coming, Waihor unable to make it in the last min due to his family matters, Waikit and Joo only reached Tommy's place at the midnight, only me, reaching Batu Pahat where Tommy's parents stay and the wedding held, at 5am of 2nd Dec!

Tommy's wedding was on 3rd, which means 2nd was his wedding preparation day, and i had no where to go, so i followed Tommy went around the town, settling the accommodations for his wife's family (his wife is from Pahang), and also the friends that coming from different places in Malaysia to attend the wedding. It occurred to us that we had nothing much to do during the afternoon, only to make sure that the accommodations were ready, but we had no idea that troubles were starting approaching us.

Like i mentioned earlier, relatives and friends were coming from different places, and you cant expect them to arrive at the same time. Yupe, troubles came when relatives and friends started to showing up one by one. Tommy was so busy answering the calls, looking for people, bringing them to the houses, things, suddenly things started getting messy, and someone was starting to lose his temper, haha.

It was a awful experience, because we were having a small car gear problem when we were on the way to take bride's relatives while the bride was sitting in the car as well. The car broke down right in front of traffic lights, and next to a shopping mall, which is always crowded with cars. Though Tommy brought the car gear issue with his dad before, we were driving his dad's car because Tommy's car was getting ready for tomorrow bride fetching session, uncle told Tommy that just a little techniques required to change the gears, not a big deal. But when the car clutch finally lost it's function, Tommy got upset. I was super awkward because i was the outsider when he talked so loud to his father, and losing his patience to his wife as well. We were forced to push the car aside, because the car broke down in the middle of the road, it was hard because we blocked the corner to the mall, so we had to make sure we manually parked the car in the right place so that we wont block the way. Gosh, that was my first time ever, pushing car in the middle of the road!!! And so many people watching when they passed by.

If this happened during some normal day, then it wont be that pissed off, but it happened one day before the wedding, and the relatives were still waiting for Tommy to take them to the houses, it was too much to handle at once. Tommy had to call his friend, another brother came to take his wife to take her relatives to the houses. I think we spent more than half an hour to wait for the helps. Luckily someone stopped by and checked for us, and told us that it was because of running out of clutch oil. Tommy's uncle came afterward, and temporarily settled the issue, as long as the clutch oil that we filled enough for us to drive back to Tommy's parents place. Then we changed another car, continued to take the friends to the houses. And it was around 9pm, and Tommy and I were starved, especially Tommy, he wasnt taking lunch because he lost his appetite.

It had been quite a rough day for Tommy, haha, my final job was taking Tommy's real blood and fresh brother to the house where Tommy's relatives going to stay at. And then I was done with my day, while Tommy and his bride went to see their friends at another hotel.

As for the bride fetching session, me, waikit and san joo were a bit quiet, staying out of the war, haha. But the challenges werent too hard, it considered as nice if compared to Chiam's one. Just that, two times of my experience of being the brother, my leg hair were torn for two times!!!

The wedding was actually quite merry, Tommy and his bride were Form 6 classmates, so they have common friends, and when a group of old friends stay together, they brought a lot of fun to the wedding. In the other hands, us, the friends from the university, were a definitely a quiet group. Waikit, San Joo, Kent, and Choon Hui were quiet sitting on their tables during the wedding dinner, while me, waiyee, and her bf sitting on another table next to theirs. We were all so quiet, so so so quiet compared to other tables. Of course, me and waiyee did talk a lot, also with her bf.

Tommy were so drunk, so drunk that he couldnt remember we took picture with him and his bride before leaving the dinner. He said he didnt see me after the dinner, only remembered taking picture with waiyee, sweat.



It was a tired journey, but it was worthy. Tommy and Shiny, wish the two of u have a great and happy future ahead!!!





No comments: