~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Satisfaction? Dissatisfaction

I was listening to Lite Fm this morning while I was driving my brother to take bus back to KL. I wasn't pay lot of attentions to what the DJs talking about, like usual, I do not know if I ever pay attention to anything, what a shame. I was waiting in the car at the mean time, my brother went to check if there is any bus available. Then I started to really listen to what the Lite Fm morning's show all about. There was some sort like psychology talk, about the "Satisfaction", with an expertise, apologize because I forget who is he.

Like I said earlier, I did not pay attention to what they been saying, so basically I missed the entire 'lecturing' section, haha. Anyway, someone called in, and, funny thing, I had forgot what was the question, and I even couldn't recall, that was a He or a She!!!! Looks like age did have some effects on me. 

Just out of the topic for a moment, I went to my friend's house yesterday, to have our little "table relationship" (Lami Mahjong), haha. I was seriously suck on these gambling stuffs, I seldom have any chances on these, perhaps this is my fate. However, it was fun to have friends sitting around each corner and started to play some little mind games, guessing, wondering, and sometimes, being devil to destroy someone else game, haha. Ok, back to topic, what I want to bring out was, before my turn, I had always decided which tile to discard, but when it came to my turn, I just went blank, and forget which tile I was supposed to discard!!!! My friend teased on me, saying how come I could forget which tile to discard so soon, and so OFTEN!!!! Ya, I even wonder it myself, how come? Do I really that old? Do I need to take some supplements? Maybe, I just never really pay attention to these stuffs, after all, it wasn't really have something to do with me, though the money is always lovely... 

So, what I was trying to point out from that story was, I am so forgetful! Ok, back to the radio station calling in. I forget the question, but I remembered the contents so well, well, maybe not so well, but roughly remember what was the female DJ told the caller. The female DJ, her name is Sara, and her partner, a male DJ, name Zac. Sara told a story about Zac to the caller, and also ti the audiences, like me. There was a weekend where Zac was scheduled to work while at the meantime, that day was Zac's sister birthday. Yet, Zac remained silence, and due to his responsibility, he went on his duty, and absent from his sister birthday. Sara said he was upset about that. Oh ya, now then I think I can recall what was the conversation all about, some times, life always wants us to make a decision between family and career, and how are we going to make sure we are satisfying with our decision perhaps, or the environment. And this circumstance happened to Zac exactly earlier. Zac had made his decision, he had chosen his career from his family. Well, if I were him, maybe I would make the same decision. I am not a workaholic, but sometimes, we just cant get rid of our responsibility, though if Zac told the boss the entire story, he might get a break on that weekend, and having a great birthday celebration with his family. That was Sara decision, if she were him.     

Then how do we make a decision that is satisfying to ourselves? The DJs suggested in order to gain satisfaction, it's all personality matter. Looking into your personality, change or twist it a bit, then maybe you will feel satisfy with all you have now. 

Indeed, our personality decides everything in our life. We complain, because we are dissatisfying with things that we complaint about. Sometimes, complains or maybe in a nicer word, valuable advices enforce perfect, but nothing perfect in this world, yet, so, complain continue to happen. It's just like, there is a light, there exists a shadow, they are coexist.  Complaining, never a fault, but when we complain about everything that occurs around us, that's what made our life miserable. If nothing is satisfying us, then what else could even possible cause us into a more miserable life than this? Imagine that you are complaining about everything, complain because you are displeased, displeased with everything? Perhaps locking yourself in your room, looking at the mirror would make life easier and happier. Because there is nothing in this world could ever please you more than you yourself. Why's that? PERSONALITY!!! Ok, I know I had been a bit mean here, hahaha, *devil*

Well, if we did notice that was our personality killing our joyful, then change and twist it a bit, our life will be delighted. However, if one never comes to mind that his/her personality paining his/her life, may God bless him/her to realize that sooner. 

Learn the fact! Seek into your heart, see what're the facts caused you so dissatisfying. In IT life cycle, the routine could be like what shown below.

                                              1. Defines requirements (Seeks the facts, what?)
                                              2. Analysis (Studies the facts, why?)
                                              3. Design (Comes out with some solutions, how?)
                                              4. Implementation (Do it, work!)
                                              5. Evaluation (Checking if you are Satisfied!)
                                               *back to stage 1 (If still Dissatisfied!)

Life could never be easier, but we can decide to make our life at least a bit bit easier, because we are all in control of our own life! Sometimes, we just have to take a step backward, to have a clear vision on the entire story.

Back to the question, am I satisfying with what I got? Seriously, I am not a very complacent person, I could easily feel dissatisfying with dozen of stuffs around me, people, works, and some comments. Perhaps I am a bit sociopath after all, haha. However, I am really aware of this dissatisfaction thing in me, that's why I keep myself a little distance with everything these days. Perhaps, this is the that make me so forgetful, because I never draw my heart to them. 

Anyway, there is one clarification had to make here, in my opinion, there are at least two types of satisfaction, one is satisfaction of the achievement, and one is satisfaction of the life, including everything surrounded us. The latter is the one that I was trying to point out in this post. For the former one, I believe I read this before, the dissatisfaction of your achievement, is going to bring you to achieve better, of course, on your own risk, got to know where to stop after all, haha. Always remains some rooms for yourself to improve, to be a better one, that's life all about isn't it. 
To be Better One...

No comments: