~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Second attempt

A lot of people asked the same question when they knew about my trip to KK mountain this year, May, 23rd. Why did you want to try again? 

Yupe, that's the question that i also had no much clue about why i wanted to go for second time. It's not like i never tried the hike before, but why spent all the money, time and energy to go for second time? It was so much expensive compared to the first time. Hmmm, well, i guess part of me wanted to go with my colleagues, then part of me, think of, why not second time? Hiking is fun, and might have different experience, fun with different group of people.

So, 23rd May 2013, i set my foot at Mesilau entrance again, began my second journey to Laban Rata, and submit peak! 

It had been three years, and this time, i didnt practice much like the first time. So i was a bit worry before i started. But guess what, it proved that i am still as strong as years ago, haha. As a matter of fact, this year, i achieved a better result. Reached Laban Rata by 3pm, well, could've been even earlier, but one of my friend, suffered from altitude sickness, especially when it came to the last 1 km to Laban Rata. 

However, unlike the first time, i wasnt able to sleep at night, kept my eyes opened until 1am, that's a great torture! 

Three years ago, i was a lone ranger, i walked by my own, and able to reach the peak just passed 5am, sat there, and witnessed the rose of the sun! And it was freaking cold up there, and i was waiting for the others too. 

This year, i dont have to be alone, because two friends able to catch up my steps, hahahaha. To be exact, there was one even fitter than me, and is a she!  However, we missed the chance to witness the sunrise at the peak, we were 30 minutes late, reached peak by 5.40am. 

Then me and my colleague, went crazy wild when we were on our way from Laban Rata to Timbohon. We practically run down! Took 2 hours and 30 minutes reached Timbohon gate! We stopped for like 10-15 minutes to grab a bite at the last 1 km. Then spent the rest of the time waiting for the others to reach, ate, and went back to hotel. Luckily we got 12 people, which separated into two vans, so we only needed to wait for another 3-4 people then we could just left to the hotel.

Just when i thought i was no longer as fit as three years ago, i managed to impress myself on this trip. My backpack, was 11 kg, while three years ago, it was only 9 kg. I put on weight not to mention, which increased the burden to my knees yet i was still manage to reach to Laban Rata almost 1 and half hour earlier than my first time, and not to mention the 2 hours and half crazy run to Timbohon.



I only knew 4 of them people before this
Ranking of stepping on Laban Rata, ya, the first one was a girl!

Mighty THREE

Do i want to give a third try? Hmmm, well, maybe, and actually, very likely i would give it a third try, if given chance. Haha

4 comments:

小衫 said...

i want to go...u bo jio....

维整 said...

with colleagues...
u plan then i can join u again de...hahaha

My Eyes said...

He promise he will acc his friends to KK mountain again if we want too : )

维整 said...

if only if u guys wanna go lo...hahahahah