~经言/歌词~

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Movies Weekend

Spent the weekend with movies...It started with Friday night, where me and my housemates went for the new movie, Battleship. I knew this movie but i wasnt really know what this movie all about, well, to be fair, i had complete no idea, because the title did not sound interesting to me, well, i know i was being an idiot. I searched for the trailer after my housemates asked if i wanna join them on friday movie night. Well, quite impressive, the trailer, i could see some of the scenes that were quite 'Transformer', haha. I saw Rihanna, isks, i dont like her, but funny thing is, i like her look, and turned out, i quite enjoy her performances in Battleship. I dont like how she behaves in her real life, if you got what i mean, haha. I like her songs, only when people did cover for them. I sounded a bit mean wasnt it? haha. Whatever.


Compared to The Hunger Game, Battleship was way way way much better. Because to me, Battleship tells the whole story in more intriguing way, they brought laugh when it should be, emotion when seeing people dying, excited when they won the battle, it was like a mixture of different emotions. The Hunger Game however, i felt depressed watching it, well, the story supposed to be depressed and sad, but not during the hunt. People were tracking you down and tried to kill you, i should feel nervous as i didnt know when the enemies would turn out, but i felt boring watching them chasing, killing, and be killed. However, i might buy The Hunger Game book to read, the storyline isnt too bad afterall.

Saturday, sometimes i struggle a bit for what to do during Saturday, i have dozens of different dramas, maybe movies, but i dont feel like watching them sometimes, especially movies. I have this funny thought, i always feel like watching movie is quite wasting my time, though it finished in 2 hours mostly. And dramas, i might need weeks to finish them especially if they were still on air. Yet i dont feel like drama wasting time, because it only takes 40 minutes for an episode, and 2 hours i might finished 3 episodes, of different dramas. I know that's a weird idea, even myself admit that is weird, haha. But of course, there is another reason, sometimes, i need some times for me just to get into the movie, so, i feel dont like to watch movies.

However, this Saturday, out of the blue, i felt like watching movies. Started with New Year's Eve, well i know that movie somewhere near to a crap, based on the rating from IMDB, but i like to see movie with lot lot lot of stars. And then i saw Katherine Heigl. For some reasons, i like Katherine Heigl a lot. I first saw her was the Roswell series. I dont really like her by that time, but i grown fond with her as i watched quite a few of her works from time to time, 27 dresses, Killer, Life as We Know It, and now, New's Year eve. Then i felt like watching her again, i went to search for her other movies, then i found The Ugly Truth. 


My housemates were still couldnt get themselves out from Extra-Terrestrial theme movie. And they knew that i actually had a copy of Battle Los Angeles, then they got a copy from me, and i was excited to watch as well. Hence i started my Sunday with Battle Los Angeles.


If compare Battle:LA with Battleship, i sincerely do not know which stands a better win, because both were great movies to me. Battle:LA spent 100 minutes on showing us how the marines won the battle in one single day. Ya, one single day, except of course at the very beginning, maybe like 10 minutes showing how those marines prepared themselves to a brand new day with brand new challenge ahead of them. Then the rest of the movie, it brought us into the fight between the marines and the ET. One bad thing about this movie, if i had to say, it was about the casting, there were too many characters, which totally make sense, because an army aint going to be less than 10 people right? But i found trouble to remember who is who, at the end of the movie, i couldnt even recall one single name! Battleship however, it gave us sometimes to get familiar with the main characters. More time with the front introducing, then less time for the battle, though they still had a great great fight. Again, if i had to say a bad thing about Battleship, it's that Alexandra Skarsgard, the big brother was killed too soon, and too easy! He was killed in a shock, and i guess we were all shock he was killed so soon, just at the very beginning the ET started to attack. Isk, what a waste. Oh ya, one good thing that Battle:LA outshine Battleship was that, few scenes, we could feel the emotions from the actors, to be honest, i had few scenes where my eyes were wet.

Ok, after Battle:LA, i started to watch The Ugly Truth, oh man, that was hilarious, my housemates thought am i nut? haha. Well, got to admit, i didnt expect it would be that hilarious, i knew it was a love comedy, but those nasty sentences, oh lord, i wonder how many cuts those actors had just to get those lines out! I like love comedy movies, it relieved me, and i could still feel touch. This one, however, i didnt feel touch, but it was hilarious, and i guess that's enough for me, haha.


After Katherine Heigl, now goes to the male actor that i think i like, Hugh Grant. I didnt watch his movies much, but Notting Hill stuck in my mind for more than a decade, ever since i watched from tv when i was, like 10 or 11. Not to mention i like When You Say Nothing At All by Ronan Keating. The movie i watched was Love Actually. It was a British production, and again, it was a all star movies, though i only know Hugh Grant, haha. It was talking about LOVE, during Christmas time. Well, i dont feel particular emotion after watching it. It was a good movie, that's all i had to say, haha. Some naked scenes, that was something that i would expected, quite a shocker actually, but nothing nasty, or lust, no worry. It was a very harmony movies actually.


Here comes to the wrap of this weekend, it is 10:22pm, it's time for me to go to the bed. I am having migraine since afternoon, perhaps i laughed too much or hold too much when i was watching The Ugly Truth, haha. Tomorrow is working day, wish i have a great week ahead of me, though i might be real busy the next two days!!! 

Good night world.

No comments: